It's almost the exam time. So we thought of giving you the best brain power boosting tips for you, so that you can get ready for your exams with more confidence. Here are the easiest 10 steps for you to begin with;
1. SLEEP. It is really important that you sleep at least 6 hours continuously before you go to your exams, presentations or even interviews. Even though most of us have the habit of preparing ourselves overnight and cramming until the sun rises, the scientists say that sleep may help our brain to consolidate and organize information, so that it comes back to us correctly.
2. LOVE NUTS AS SNACKS? Researchers from MIT and Tsinghua University in Beijing, discovered that magnesium promotes new connections between brain cells and all kinds of nuts we eat, consist of high amount of magnesium. This improves our long-term as well as short-term memory.
3. BLUEBERRIES. Blueberries help keep your brain firing. A study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry suggests that this fruit is full of anthocyanins – the antioxidants that create the blue hue-foster neuron-to-neuron communication in the brain, which may help delay memory loss.
4. DO YOU KNOW HOW TO RELAX? The busy lifestyle we have makes us so anxious that we have a problem of taking new information in. The studies have shown that the relaxation improves the brain power by helping to take new information in and to remember what we already have in our brain. Yoga and a deep breathing will help you in this more than you think.
5. EXERCISE. Physical exercise has been proven to increase brain power and even create new neurons in the brain. So do not be lazy. Start using your physical energy to boost your mind up!
6. LAUGH IT UP. Laughter causes a natural release of the brain's endorphins – chemicals that drown out pain and increase overall well being. Laughter is a well known, natural stress reducer. So why not find some time from your busy schedule to watch a comedy, crack a joke, and increase those endorphin levels!
7. DO YOU FORGET TO TAKE YOUR MULTIVITAMIN? Vitamins are great for the brain. If it does not get enough of a certain vitamins through daily diet, consider a multivitamin. Multivitamins help facilitate the functioning of a healthy body and enriched brain. Start popping a vitamin every morning after breakfast for awhile and chances are good that you'll notice a difference!
8. RED WINE. Alcohol in moderation has been proven to be good for the brain. Red wine is considered as a healthy alcohol if taken in moderation. It is rich in antioxidants – chemicals that actually protect the brain! One glass daily for women and two for men is generally considered a healthy amount.
9. MUSIC HELPS YOUR BRAIN TO BOOST! Studies have proven that listening to music strengthens the right-hemisphere of the brain and literally changes the structure. Those same studies have found that people who listen to music are generally smarter and have more intellectual intelligence than those who do not.
10. THINK POSITIVE. If you are currently very good at thinking positively, chances are good that you already have a more powerful brain than those “Negative Nellies.” Take 10 minutes daily in the morning to think more positive and start noticing an improvement in thinking abilities and problem solving skills.
Now that you know how easy it is to boost your brain, why not start following these and face your upcoming challenges more effectively? GOOD LUCK !!!